17 August 2007

A Point

I forgot about this point, which happens equally on the road as it does when you're stationed in one place for this job. Homesick. I'm sick for my friends, for people who a) I know b) know like me. What a shit place this is to be!

I love my job, I love what I do. If I didn't have to have the political battles that it takes to be in this, I would do it forever.

Right now I feel like I felt after my first job in this line of work: my mom picked me up from the airport and by the time we were home she was wondering out loud why I did it at all. Unappreciated, untrained, exhausted, miserable, pummeled... After two days home, all she heard was about me getting back out there. Defeat and perseverance. Makes me certifiable.

And certifiably lonely.

4 Comments:

At 2:47 AM, Blogger Robert said...

SAD!!!

Isn't there anybody you like out there?

I'm sending you hugs and love.!!!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger stacey said...

i appreciate what you are doing!

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger Peggy W said...

Hang in there, Sweetie! You are doing important, good stuff and hell, you're good at it. Mimi and I are up at this late hour yakking, yakking, yakking. Being very glad we are where we are in life. Some day you will find yourself with a good friend, laughing about these days and being very glad you are where you are! We love you, pumpkin!!

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh boozer, i think you are fabulous. and i'm sending you so much love from this side of the continent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home