18 March 2008

My new home in Manchester

This is my new, fabulous apartment in Manchester. I really like it and my new roommate. She's hilarious and fabulous and shares a similar passion for fun, food and clothes that I do. And she works out a lot, which inspires me, etc.

The apartment is also in an old mill building here, which I love. If one is going to live in Manchester for an extended period of time, one ought to live in a mill building. I'm lucky it's possible this time around.



This is my new piece of art (a printed piece of fabric stretched across a 48x48" frame). It's a Japanese artist. I'll look on the back tonight and update tomorrow.



This is my new mirror. I got it for a slashed price at the Crate and Barrel outlet in Maine. Great deal and I think I'll keep the mirror for a while.

Both the art and the mirror remind me of my family's first cabin in Eau Clare, WI. Kind of 70s chic. The dresser was there when I got there and it makes no sense for me to change that...At least the woods match??



Our living room! Vanessa just invested in some nice furniture. It's a great addition to my life for the next 7.5 months and I'm grateful I didn't have the capital expenditure. Although, I'm considering buying a television. I suppose I can always sell it...Might have to be after a couple months of getting paid, though! (Vanessa and I have opted out of internet and cable. We're not home enough. I appreciate her rational decision making!)

Both Vanessa and I are interested in entertaining, and a TV that's good for movies is a nice touch for that. Also considering a decent sound system for music and movies. I feel like it's a good investment now, better than furniture for me, although it, too, seems like a premature move to settling down. Which I don't know if I'll do for a while...



Our GREAT kitchen. I mean. Come ON. It's awesome. We really lucked out. And I just invested in a $50 skillet from Caphalon. It was on clearance.

Life is good!

4 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger Maria said...

That kitchen is to die for!

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Peggy W said...

This looks like a place where you can be comfortable. Want some stuff from the attic? Kitchen stuff? Bike will be on its way before we go to CA. Do you have a place to park it? Helmet? lock? This is your mother speaking!!! How could you tell?

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do update us on the japanese artist. that fabric is cool!

good to see you are well, susie.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger stacey said...

where'd you find the japaneses art? really dig it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home