10 December 2006

Gender, PostSecret

Sara, this reminds me of the conversation we had about gender while I was on the bus Friday night:

Dude #1: Mike's always talking about how he has no gag reflex.
Dude #2: Would you let him blow you?
Dude #1: Fuck no, I'm not gay!
Dude #2: Blow jobs don't have a gender.

--Prospect Park, Brooklyn

From one of my favorites: Overheard in New York. It's OK to laugh at the offensive ones. As long as you weren't the asshole who said it!

Also, do you all know about my other favorite Sunday site? PostSecret



Every Sunday Frank posts new secrets of folks just like you and me. I love reading them. They feed my voyuerism and inspire me. I love every little thing that reminds me that I am, and none of us are, alone. There are no archives, so you have to get to them between Sunday and Saturday! To send them in (from the site):

You are invited to anonymously contribute your secrets to PostSecret. Each secret can be a regret, hope, funny experience, unseen kindness, fantasy, belief, fear, betrayal, erotic desire, feeling, confession, or childhood humiliation. Reveal anything - as long as it is true and you have never shared it with anyone before.

Create your 4-by-6-inch postcards out of any mailable material. If you want to share two or more secrets, use multiple postcards. Put your complete secret and image on one side of the postcard.

Tips:
Be brief - the fewer words used the better.
Be legible - use big, clear and bold lettering.
Be creative - let the postcard be your canvas.

Mail your secrets, or other correspondence, to:

PostSecret
13345 Copper Ridge Road
Germantown, Maryland
USA 20874-3454

Please consider sharing a follow-up story about how mailing in a secret, or reading someone else's, made a difference in your life. (I apologize in advance for being unable to reply.)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home