22 October 2008

Reshaping How We Think About Space, Rethinking What I "Need"

So...I've been thinking a TON about what's next. I have no idea.

I know that I'd like to own a home, I know that I want to have a job I love (don't really care where), I know that I love not being in debt. So, how to live within my means?

Tiny homes?
I could be into that. In a few hours go look at this site, Tumbleweed Homes, a guy who specialized in small homes.

I could be into this idea. After all, I loved being car-free in New York.

It's clear that it's time that we rethink how we live. I'm ready.

4 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Those are some small homes, but it would take you like 7 minutes to deep clean the entire place!

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Robert said...

Congratulations on the election win!

I am glad to see that you are thinking about changing the way you live in order to be gentler and kinder to the planet!

Wouldn't it be nice (for starters) if we, as Americans, could figure out how to consume no more, per capita, than the planetary average.

The technology exists so that we could increase efficient uses of materials, so that living standards probably wouldn't have to drop.

But it makes sense to live within our means - for the sake of the well-being of generations far into the future. We have an obligation to reduce our impact, and the resultant harms to the planet, animals and plants, ecosystems, etc..

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I think it reduces harm to self, too. The less you have the more you can think about what matters - people, family, politics, pets, love, laughter, swimming, running, socializing, etc

There are so many reasons to reduce!

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Robert said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home