19 October 2005

Things I Remember and I Remember...

...Why I LOVE my apartment. In the winter, when I sleep with my curtain open, I see a moon. Diffused by one of the only trees in Manhattan. I love it here. I love my window and its perfection. Thankfully, I remember why I love it in one of the hardest, but my favorite times, autumn. It means I have something to look forward to with the snow.

Things I've Learned in the Past Five Weeks:

Everything is money
People will do anything for money
There are liars
There are actual stupid people
People will say anything for what they want
People will pay anything for what they want
Becoming nocturnal is the same as jet lag

And my personal philosophy:
People are people
It's one thing after another
And we die

Some of those things I know, but have re-learned. I love the industry I'm in. It's humanity 24/7 alls the time. It's all true, but exactly not, at the same time.

I count myself genuinely lucky.

5 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not Everything is money
Some People will do anything for money
There are liars (What can I say?)
There are actual stupid people (Everyone has a purpose?)
Some People will say anything for what they want
Some People will/can pay anything for what they want
Becoming nocturnal is the same as jet lag (Too true!)

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Robert said...

Hey, with 6.5 billion people and more on the way every day, do you really think each one could be born with a sophisticated, well-rounded experience soul in its respective body?

There's only so much love to go around baby!

It's a dog-eat-dog world out there!

But there's love, too and that's for sure.

I'm glad you're my sister, and I Love YOU!

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Robert said...

Sounds like you need a V'cation!

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Robert said...

I am just happy to see some signs of life coming from you!

I'll shut up now.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

This post was ghost-written by Kurt Vonnegut, wasn't it?

Somebody up there likes you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home