22 December 2006

Winter Solstice

Machu Picchu at winter solstice...just amazing

An email I sent out on Solstice...I forgot so many people. So I thought I'd post it :)

Happy Winter Solstice, my nearest and dearest!

Today, for those of us in the northern hemisphere, it is the shortest day and the longest night of the year. The precise moment of the 2006 solstice will be December 21, 2006 at 7:22 P.M. EST.

From the Minneapolis Star Tribune horoscopes:
Happy winter solstice, a celebration of the sun's journey into the domain of Capricorn. The weeks to come illuminate issues of status, follow chains of command and settle matters of respect. There's always hard, but honorable work to be done during the solar Capricorn transit.

More from Wikipedia:
Winter Solstice

And for what different cultures do to celebrate solstice, click here!

Gracita, Nicole, Ramiro y Delfina, This is my favorite in regards to you: When it's winter solstice in the Northern Hemisphere, the sun is directly overhead at noon only along the Tropic of Capricorn, on which lie such places as Sao Paulo, Brazil, southern Madagascar, and areas north of Brisbane, Australia.

Enjoy the longest night and the shortest day. Enjoy the natural time for reflection and know that at least one person on this planet is thinking of you and wishing you well!

All my love,
Susie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home