18 December 2006

There's Something In The Air

I quit my job.

Things went down:
The past few weeks: I realized something was missing from this job
Monday: Went to a Planned Parenthood training on talking about abortion and the like. Was inspired.
Wednesday: Talked a lot with friends who encouraged my recent inspiration
Thursday: Put in notice; gave a month
Friday: Gave me an offer I could only refuse. Packed stuff, left work around 6:30.

This feels good. It's a little scary and surprising, but I had to do this for myself and my spirit. It's one of those things that I suspect each of you knows about: When you figure something life changing out, it's nearly impossible to wait around for a "good time" to do said action. It had to come out of my mouth. I couldn't hold it in, nor could I fake it. I'm not a good faker. If I was, I'd be an actress.

The offer they gave me for the next two weeks of work (which would consist of miserable NYE party ticket sales) would actually COST ME MORE than going to MN/WI for the holidays.

TAURUS (April 20-May 20). You have all the ingredients to invent a recipe for the lifestyle you've always wanted. So get cooking -- your life is calling. Sagittarius and Scorpio people are ideal kitchen assistants.

More later, bed now. xoxo

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Blogger Peggy W said...

I'm your Sagittarius kitchen mate. Lots to cook up while you're home. Have you picked a date for the Pipe Lake Young 'uns party? That should get us cooking!

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Anon said...

Susie, I am so pleased with this decision! Follow your heart!

"You can't disobey the rules every time you disapprove. However, when you're considering something that constitutes an extreme abridgement of your rights, conscience is the court of last resort." ~ Mario Savio

"The 'futures' and 'careers' for which American students now prepare are for the most part intellectual and moral wastelands. This chrome-plated consumers' paradise would have us grow up to be well-behaved children. But an important minority of men and women coming to the front today have shown they will die rather than be standardized, replaceable, and irrelevant." ~ Mario Savio

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger stacey said...

here. here. as always, behind you 100%.

go sagittarians!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

cook it up, sister! i love you. i admire your courage.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Seth Weintraub said...

welcome to unemployment! The best thing ever made.

Now - how to get money honey?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home