24 October 2005

I Live In New York

There are several things that this means:

I live in a very small room in a three bedroom apartment. It has room for my twin bed, a dresser and a book shelf. I can't even stretch on my floor because there's not enough room for my legs.

I work 4pm to 2am about every night.

I drink Sprite out of bottles I buy at bodegas.

I eat mango that is sliced for my from street vendors.

I gain knowledge from homeless people on horticulture.

I wait in lines that take a half hour to get packages at the post office and one of the postal clerks is the funniest person I've meet in three weeks.

I choose to do things that present themselves.

Today, while picking up my laundry, Natalie, the woman who takes my laundry, asked me if I had a boyfriend. "No," I replied. This has been a theme as of late with the onset of fall and all. She asked if I wanted to meet someone who is also a client of hers. I like adventrure...so she gave me his number and now we're meeting for drinks on Sunday. HA! This is FUN :)

New York is an amazing place. Full of amazing and talented people. We don't get along all of the time, but for the most part I think we all hang out pretty well together.

That's all. That's my big news of the day. Off to work!

2 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Robert said...

Hey that's awesome. When are you gonna fly me out to visit? I have a week off for Thanksgiving. I'll clean your apartment for you even.

Love,
Rob

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Robert said...

Hey sister,

Do you ever read my blog?

- Big Brother

 

Post a Comment

<< Home