21 March 2006

Things I Love: A List

1:

"On Wednesday, March 1st, 2006, in Annapolis at a hearing on the proposed Constitutional Amendment to prohibit gay marriage, Jamie Raskin, professor of law at American University, was requested to testify.

At the end of his testimony, Republican Senator Nancy Jacobs said: "Mr. Raskin, my Bible says marriage is only between a man and a woman. What do you have to say about that?"

Raskin replied: "Senator, when you took your oath of office, you placed your hand on the Bible and swore to uphold the Constitution. You did not place your hand on the Constitution & swear to uphold the Bible."

The room erupted into applause."

2:

My bed

3:

New York

4:

My family

5:

Maps

6:

Interconnectedness

7:

You

8:

Me

9:

You and me

10:

Outside you and me, creating interconnectedness and logic in poiticians

6 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger stacey said...

how funny. when i clicked on "innerconnectedness" i got an error messege that read "forbidden".

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger Ben said...

I Love you too.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Stacey, Try again! Now it looks like a map of how a disease was communicated. However, that's one kind of interconnectedness, I suppose...

:)

The other one was cool, but denied my linkage!

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger stacey said...

cut and pste this link to the social networking of blogs


http://radio.weblogs.com/0114726/images/RYZEBlogTribe1.gif

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger stacey said...

or here is interconnectedness at is' most dense--the internet.

http://radio.weblogs.com/0114726/images/RYZEBlogTribe1.gif

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Susie said...

All right...try one of my old favorites: They Rule. Info is from 2004, but it gives you an idea about corporate interconnectedness. If you choose the right ones, you'll see how nasty they really are.

Ugh. Capitalism. So good and so so bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home