14 February 2006

Kate Leaves Manhattan

So I tried to start this here blog with Kate. Kate who's great. Ever since I met her while we were waitressing in Minneapolis, she's loved to write and has also loved to eat. I wanted to start this blog so that she and I would have a forum to discuss the cheap, delicious dinners, the mean hosts and the gorgeous chefs we'd come across. She wasn't up for it, so this blog has spiraled into a lovely outlet for my frustrations and joys.

Enter: a not joyful thing. Kate moved back to Minnesota yesterday! OK, so as far as joyful things go, it's pretty f'ing great Kate moved back. She went back to marry the love of her life, Matt. They're great together (funny, too, which helps). So THAT part is joyful, the part that's NOT joyful is that Kate has lived here every second I have, up til today. She's really become such a good friend and confidant.

Bottomline: I miss her.

Here's some photo documentation of one of our last outings (mind you, Kate and I weren't great frequenters of museums. Mostly bars and restaurants...oy!).



I seriously considered not putting this one in. But the others only look better when compared...



The Empire State Building from the top of Rockefeller Center



Cuter Kate and Susie



The real Kate and Susie ;)

I miss you, Kate! New York misses you! And we're both really really happy for you, too.

5 Comments:

At 2:56 AM, Blogger Arthur Quiller Couch said...

Serenity. Your ex-boyfriend and your current boyfriend work together? There's a story in there. Maybe an entire film.

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Well, Pete was my "boyfriend" when we were in 3rd grade...I don't think we even spoke in public. My boyfriend now requires me to speak to him in public. Just goes with the territory, I suppose...

You're right, though, could be the makings of a film! Hopefully their blockbuster!

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

There's something you should know about something that Kate and I share. Your dad came to San Francisco on Feb 14, 1975, to visit me. I went home with him on February 24, and have lived in Minneapolis ever since. Seems she's leaving another fabled city for Minneapolis. Tell her I have found great friends and family and happiness in Minnesota. I know she will too. It is always wonderful for me to return to San Francisco as it will always be special for her to return to New York. You two are lucky to have shared such fun together. My friend Shirley S and I did that in San Francisco. Not everyone gets such a chance.
I love your photos--you two are the sweetest, cutest, especially on the Top of Rock. Thanks for taking Dad and me there last year!
Happy Valentine's Day to you! L&H&K!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger stacey said...

sorry to hear about your loss (yes, it is a loss).

i was crushed when susie AND kalivas left the bay area!!

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tears are diluting my morning coffee, Sooz. You are what I miss most about New York. This is a good thing, because as your mom's testimony suggests, we'll keep our friendship intact and we'll have the stories from our fabled city to share. A fine foundation, I think, for a lifetime of food, conversation, and visiting landmark skyscrapers. I love you so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home