11 January 2007

Much Better, Thanks, Rob

Thank you, my dear, sweet brother, for looking in after my health. Yes, I feel a million times better today and anticipate a similar level of recovery tomorrow.

I planned on going to bed earlier than this, but I failed. I fell in love with a book. The aforementioned book, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer. I've just spent the wee hours reading through tears and truly truly enjoying it.

I managed to straighten up the joint a little as I'm expecting some high class folks to come my way:



So you can see why a girl would want to impress em ;)

Happy Birthday, Dad! I really can't wait to have you guys here!

One thing the book reminded me of and that, I think, at least, I know, and that I'm reminded of soo soooo often is to say I love you.

So:

I love you, my family
I'm grateful for everything-everything

I think that about covers it!

Oh! And I sent the only bear I've ever slept with practically every. night. of. my. life. to the cleaners by accident today! I hope they don't wash him. He would fall right apart. Oh Bartholomue. It's not because I don't love you! It's because I didn't want to give the other kids scarlet fever that all went to the wash today. I hope they didn't throw the baby out with the bath water. I don't know if I'll ever find another bear like you. Don't think I'd want to.

xoxo

4 Comments:

At 3:13 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Fact check immediately after the fact: Bob's birthday is really the 20th of January; I've only had Bartholomue since I was 15--that's ELEVEN YEARS! That's a long time for an adolescent to young adult female to have one significant bear.

Moving on...sweetest of dreams, you dreamy dreams.

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Hold on the book. I think it might be giving me nightmares...I'll keep you posted. Oy. Where's Bartholomue when I need him?!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i read that book and absolutely loved it. not always easy, with pages of downright heartbreak, but very good.

maybe just not before bedtime

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Came to the same conclusion this morning, Bear. You have to allow yourself the last hundred pages to read in daylight, at least 6-8 hours before you close your eyes. The Dresden bombing scenes are overwhelming, as are the Twin Tower recollections and internet recollections.

GREAT book, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home