31 December 2006

Ciao Wisconsin!

It's been lovely, it's been nice, off I go to another paradise.

The decision was made a couple days ago that I'll be going back to New York City for New Year's Eve. I'll be with friends and we'll be rockin out, no doubt, at some house parties. Rob's driving me to the airport tomorrow morning and I'll be on my way to JFK, then Chelsea via Williamsburg.

I got a bit emotional today. I came to the conclusion that almost only out of desperation, I should undoubtedly move back to Minnesota. I'm nervous and scared about money, which I should and shouldn't be. I was talked out of a tree by the fine friend who I'll be ringing in the new year with. He asuaged my fears momentairly, but Susie is going to have to become a woman of some pretty serious action this week. I know I can do it, but fear of failure, lack of faith in the future and "why" are things that consistently prohibit progress for me.

I was thinking, the things I want to do, prevent spread of disease, hunger and ill planned disaster relief projects, perpetuate the very thing I think would alleviate so many of the world's issues: over population. That's a discussion for off the blogosphere, I suppose.

Rob took us on a lovely drive this afternoon, on which I got to do some thinking. We also saw a gorgeous American Bald Eagle and his/her baby (BIG baby) sitting in a tree which is really an amazing treat. I thought of some things that would make me very happy being in Minnesota. Roughly: 1) My folks 2) Kate (and her extended brand of folks) 3) Emma and Adam 4) The cabin 5) biking as my main form of transportation 6) my network of successful women (some men) who comprise my folk's friends who would talk to me til they're blue in the face about what I want to do and how to do it. 7) money 8) Knowing all the streets.

I started to think of all the things I'd miss about New York and I started to cry. I love it. It would take bits of my heart to leave it. I do know, though, please believe me, that my departure is a distinct possibility. I know I can be happy anywhere, but I want to be happy there...for a little while longer at least. Please?

Off to sleep, then to try to make it in New York on my terms. Thanks for loving me regardless of my philandering, Minnesota and Wisconsin. I appreciate your willingness to have me back.

Happy New Year near and dear!

Chinese Translation by M. Ward from "Post-War" (I highly recommend the whole album)

I sailed a wild, wild sea
climbed up a tall, tall mountain
I met a old, old man
beneath a weeping willow tree
He said now if you got some questions
go and lay them at my feet
but my time here is brief
so you'll have to pick just three

And I said
What do you do with the pieces of a broken heart
and how can a man like me remain in the light
and if life is really as short as they say
then why is the night so long
and then the sun went down
and he sang for me this song

See I once was a young fool like you
afraid to do the things
that I knew I had to do
So I played an escapade just like you
I played an escapade just like you
I sailed a wild, wild sea
climbed up a tall, tall mountain
I met an old, old man
he sat beneath a sapling tree
He said now if you got some questions
go and lay them at my feet
but my time here is brief
so you'll have to pick just three

And I said
What do you do with the pieces of a broken heart
and how can a man like me remain in the light
and if life is really as short as they say
then why is the night so long
and then the sun went down
and he played for me this song

Rollercoaster by M. Ward

Rollercoaster, can't find my friends on the ground
Just lift me up and send me spiralling down
Because you lift me up so high high high
It's the most unbelievable ride

Absolute Lyrics

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger stacey said...

good luck with whatever you decide. know that we all know all is well wherever you lay your head and spread your compassion.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Maria said...

Life is one big adventure. When the time comes, you will know what to do. There are no wrong turns... only adventurous detours. :)

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

wherever you are, i'm a phone call away, ready to turn blue in the face ;-)

i'm back in the philly 'hood and realizing that i dedicate a piece of my heart wherever i live. and i bring it with me to the next place. it's good to love places, good to love people, good to fill the boundless heart.

 
At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can reveal that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is quiet a definitely as you did in the downgrade issue of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=gene simmons tongue extension ?
I noticed the utter you have not used. Or you use the dreary methods of helping of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home