27 February 2007

Hello Sweet Darlings!

Oh how I've missed you and writing to you, about me ;)

Last weekend was Michelle and Adam's wedding in Miami. It was gorgeous, as was the bride and the groom maintained a constant state of hilarity, as always.

I decided to stay and because of the graciousness of friends and family I can do this quite easily. I can't wait for the day I can pay these people back in kind. So, I went to Ft Meyers Sunday around noon to see my Aunt Patty and Uncle Jim. Very nice to see them and twice in two years! What a treat. I think prior to seeing them for the family reunion last year it had been at least six since I'd seen them last. We ate well, tried to discuss politics civilly (and then not at all!), and caught up here and there.

The nature out that way, South West FL, is really incredible. The fauna and flora are so dense and full of giant creature who want to eat your toes at the least, your head at the most. I hear that orchids are difficult to find and you risk life and limb doing it. I enjoy the adrenaline rush of campaigns, but I don't think I could get down with traipsing through those swamps wondering what's under foot. Then again...I wouldn't put it past me.

Then my folks rented me a car (thank Mom and Dad!) and I drove back to Miami and hung out with Vanessa and her friends Patty, Ricardo and Sharla at Soyka (which I only found with the help of Michelle's friend Chris G.) and then a drink on the marina with Vanessa.

Today we're kicking it South Beach style on Lincoln Road. Please let it be noted that I will never fully, successfully "kick it South Beach style". My aversion to the sun will forever prevent me from that. And the fact that my legs are exactly two times the size of the average legs on this beach. I'm fine with this, let it be known. It's just a fact. Vanessa says it's great when you go to another city, compare yourself to the population there and remember that we're not actually bad looking, Miami is just disproportionaltely good looking (or skinny and tan, whether they're the same thing is another matter entirely).

We have to leave this cafe so here's what I'm doing this week:

Wednesday Chill, explore Miami
Thursday Advance
Friday to San Antonio to Advance Edwards
3/8 Back to NYC. Possibly to sell everything and...then...?

This is exciting and scary! As always!

xoxo

2 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Blogger Robert said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I hope that you're having a great time South Florida.

Congratulations to Michelle and her husband. And please say hi to all of your friends for me!

Love,
Your Brother

 

Post a Comment

<< Home