12 February 2007

Home Again




Formerly Sophia, Mrs. Scuddlesworth lounges about in my upstairs neighbor, James', apartment. James is a photographer, too.



This has been on my desktop a while...I just like it, and the issue certainly came up yesterday afternoon.



One of my favorite of my brother's photos. (This was pre new camera. I'll post some of those at some juncture, I'm sure.)



This image has been on my desktop for a month. I need to post it so I can delete it. I love it, though. It's from a friend of a friend's t-shirt site Vintage Vantage



Thanks for helping me clean house. I hope you enjoyed the images. I do :)

I am planning on going to South Carolina on Wednesday. I'll have to bring the dress for Michelle's wedding and have it fitted down there. Or maybe I'll just start the fitting process here and leave for 5 days. I think it could get done...

I missed my flight to JFK today, so I got on the next flight and it went to La Guardia. So my bag is still at JFK. But since I'm flying out on Wednesday, I'm thinking that I'll just leave it there? The clothes are all wrong for South Carolina though...Maybe that'll be my field trip tomorrow. I can finish Lolita on the train.

I think I may even be able to form whole thoughts tomorrow when my brain comes back.

Sleep tight!

3 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Robert said...

I am glad you like my picture.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Anon said...

Hey, gurl! I gotta say, Lolita is a good read but it is certainly not Nabakov's best. It just received the hype because of the subject matter. Don't get me wrong, I loved it. But please, please, please read Bend Sinister. It's way political, and I think you will appreciate its timeliness. Also, you will particularly love Pale Fire, which deals with a poem by "John Shade," a poet laureate. The poem was, according to the main character, left unfinished. He says Shade was his friend (when, in fact, Shade seemed to detest him), and that Shade tasked him with completing the poem upon Shade's death. This book shows Nabakov's genius -- first, in being able to do the poem that is the focal point of the book. It's just one of the best books ever written. And your love for poetry will endear you to it all the more.

But Bend Sinister is, thus far, my favorite. Its open mockery of the Cold War mentality is hilarious. This is the "Dr. Strangelove" of literature.

SC, huh? Coming to NC, too?

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the cat picture. Do you know anything about the photographer, Starkman? I'm a sucker for arty types that like cats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home