03 October 2006

Musahboom, The Current

The Current is a radio station founded by Minnesota Public Raido. This is their playlist, but with a little exploration, you can find how to listen to it. And I deeply, strongly, encourage you to do just that.

I found Mushaboom by Feist (Album version if you're buying on iTunes) yesterday while listening to The Current, which I've known about, but have not listened to, until I went home last weekend for the wedding. It's a great station without the trappings of corporate radio-and here are the lyrics to a song I love at the mome. I hope you'll take the 99 cents to listen to it!

Her website is like nothing I've seen before either...Feist. She's apparently part of Broken Social Scene, which I've neither payed attention to nor fallen in love with yet...Working on it!

xoxo

Helping the kids out of their coats
Oh wait the babies haven't been born oh
Unpacking the bags and setting up
And planting lilacs and buttercups oh

But in the meantime I've got it hard
Second floor living without a yard
It may be years until the day
My dreams will match up with my pay

Old dirt road,
(mushaboom, mushaboom)
knee deep snow
(mushaboom, mushaboom)
Watching the fire as we grow
(mushaboom, mushaboom)
o-o-o-o-old

I got a man to stick it out
And make a home from a rented house oh
And we'll collect the moments one by one
I guess that's how the future's done oh

How many acres, how much light
Tucked in the woods and out of sight
Talk to the neighbours and tip my cap
On a little road barely on the map

Old dirt road,
mushaboom, mushaboom)
knee deep snow
mushaboom, mushaboom)
Watching the fire as we grow,
mushaboom, mushaboom)
o-o-o-o-old
(mushaboom, mushaboom)
Old dirt road rambling rose
(mushaboom, mushaboom)
Watching the fire as we grow
(mushaboom, mushaboom)
well I'm so-o-o-o-old

--Susie again:
Start new job tomorrow morning. Life is good. I've carved out something here I couldn't have anywhere else. Thanks New York!

3 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, Blogger Peggy W said...

One of the major domos at the Current is a Mills grad. Are you surprised? I like the lyrics--particularly here where it is snowing and the paths through the wooods and the growing o l d all ring true! Will spend the 99 cents.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Brendan said...

See feist live if you can. she is amazing - sampling her own voice and playing it back to harmonize with herself. her album does not do her justice. also, buy broken social scene's self titled album (their latest) -- it won't take too long to fall in love, I promise.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Bren-You are a music God. I'm going to post your Best of playlists when I get them in the early days of 2007 (You know how much I love it-I STILL listen to the whole 2005 album in its entireity (sp)). Have you checked out the Current yet?!?!?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home