15 March 2007

California

Hey!

I've been composing this post in my brain for days. Limited internet access is a killer for me and I know my mom's been enduring the same lack of connectivity. I've broken down and bought a "day pass" at Auburn's local Starbucks so I can send out resumes, catch up on MySpace, Friendster, Facebook, Yelp and email. Who ever said I didn't have a GIGANTIC internet footprint! Oy...One of these days maybe they'll start coming down, but for now, it's a good way to stay in touch, keep people updated and for me to see where people are and what they're doing. Which is monumentally important to me!

I've been in California for a week now. I love it here. I've seen Cristina, met her boyfriend Adam, stayed with Sara and Renee and then also been in Auburn most of the time with my grandmother who's dealing with old age and diabetes. Last weekend I got to see my brother, cousin Nate, Aunt Kate and Aunt Susan. My mother arrives next Monday and then we'll drive down to Oakland to drop off Sara's car, hopefully get a bite to eat, and then cruise back to Auburn to stay with Grandma for a couple more days. Then it's to New York from Sacramento on Wednesday evening.

San Antonio for John Edwards was fabulous. I worked with two exceptional people, Joel and Junior, who, if nothing else made those 5 days in Texas quite lovely. We also stayed with two of the nicest serrogate parents in the world, Char and Judi. They took care of us like we were their own. Shot up to Austin for 16 hours to do a TV thing with the Senator and then back to SA to fly to Oakland.

I love the jet set life, as you all know. The same issues come up when I do it: continuity, where to "live", how to maintain relationships successfully without being physically present. It takes a leap of imagination and faith on the part of my friends and family and your and their support and love does NOT go unappreciated. I couldn't live the way I do if you weren't all there for me and excited about the next moves and patient with my sometimes lacking committment to communication. Thank you.

Watching people get old is amazing. The way we fail, the choices we make about life all come into clear view. My grandma has diabetes, and it's become obvious to me, through cancer with my grandfather and this with my grandmother that self care, now, is of the utmost importance. Not only is it great to be hot when you're young, but that's going to transfer in to health and wellness when we're old. This is not new news, but important to remember. I need to become recommitted to taking care of myself! Otherwise, it will be hell on whomever is slated to take care of me when I'm old. And I want to walk as much as possible when I get old. Sitting too long makes my butt hurt!

I think that's all I've got for now. I've got to get resumes out to those who've offered to spread the love of the Sooz. It's crossed my mind to work in Sacramento for a while, to be family closer to my grandmother. I'll tell Amber that when I send her my resume!

Love to all!

3 Comments:

At 3:55 AM, Blogger Robert said...

Good for you. Send my love to Grandma.

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger Robert said...

I love you too.

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://garciniacambogiaselectz.weebly.com]
garcinia cambogia for weight loss[/url] is the best fat blazing force out nearby in vend for the nonce a days. Let slip upto 10 kg in 1 month. garcinia cambogia select

 

Post a Comment

<< Home