07 April 2008

Expecting...

Books! I buy my books from Powell's Books in Portland, OR instead of from Amazon, since they're like the Walmart of the web. And I try to not support Walmart in any way, form or fashion.

I'm expecting
The Sexual Politics of Meat by Carol Adams
The Portable Dorothy Parker by...Dorothy Parker
The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan
Why Not Me? by Al Franken
and
Sailing Alone Around the Room by Billy Collins

Very excited!

And it's spring today! That doesn't mean it will be tomorrow, but it is today and I'm over the moon about it. It's amazing what a little blue sky and sunshine will do for the ol' disposition.

Exercised this morning, had some oatmeal, scouted a location (one of my favorite things to do) and am at work, doin' it up. I had a lot of time to think this weekend about what I want to do with my life.

Right now I'm at: television production or on the ground management of disaster relief.

For the time being, Directing Operations for a Senate race I love is juuuuust right (like baby bear's bed, chair and porridge).

I'm out. Let me know how you are!

3 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Maria said...

I don't really order things from Amazon, so I've never really thought much about their service. Are they as corporately irresponsible as Walmart too? Or just their ueber-low prices?

BTW-- thanks for coming by my blog. :)

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Maria, it's the concentration of power I don't like in this case. I'm not sure of their corporate responsibility or lack there of. They just own too much. AND I love Powell's physical store in Portland and their online service is great.

And they only do books. And I love that!

Thanks for stopping by mine :)

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Maria said...

Interesting. There is a local book store near my house that I try to use as much as possible. They even have an old-fashioned soda shop type counter! The rest of the time I go to Barnes and Noble.

I'm all for local and small... hence my venture in to CSA this year! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home