22 August 2005

Why I Blog

So, Friday night I was asked why I blog and, more specifically, why I ask/request/tell my good friend Kate to read it. I think I might know why.

In a time where everyone has their own pulpit to preach from, I want my own too. I'm not going to get a TV show to talk about what I think, what I wear (or want to, more realistically), any ideas I have...Blogs are cheap, lasting mirrors. A way for me to see myself and express interests in things I couldn't/wouldn't in daily discourse.

That's why I blog. Why I ask people to read it and comment is because, I, like many people I know, thrive on intereaction with other people and especially on their thoughts about my ideas and me.

It's a little ego centric, I suppose. It's also an exercise in creativity. And I like it. And I contribute by reading others' blogs and commenting there, so I'm participating in a community, albeit an electronic one.

Conclusion: I am no longer attached to whether any reads my blog or not, I just prefer it if they/you do!

3 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

I do I do.

(Ooooooooooooooooooooobvs.)

 
At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read blogs because I'm easily intimidated by people who insist I do so. It is a fun and rewarding way for me to lose my milk money to bullies in a new, exciting, "virtual" way, regardless of the fact that I don't even have two scraps of a metrocard to rub together. I tried to get freelance work at place on City Island today; apparently the only part of New York City that is located on the OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD. From my humble Shaolin lodgings, the one way commute is a scant, a paltry, a scoffable 3 hours by public transportation. I'm going to join the coastguard now, so I can ride up there in style, with front and rear machine gunner positions on my boat. That reminds me, I think it's really awesome looking to have dudes strapped to the gills with automatic weaponry lined up across the roof of the ferry boat, grimly surveying the crowd as it boards. Despite what that says about the state of the country and its place in the world, the fact remains that guns are fucking awesome, as are the other machined metal gadgets these GI Joes are all a-dangle with. I wonder, if I was really hungry, which I usually am, how much of a wedding cake I could eat all by myself. Oh yeah. Umm. blogs are special and everyone loves they.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Andyeeeee: you should think of starting your own blog--they're free.

Loon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home