29 May 2006

The Beta Band

I love the Beta Band. I was hooked, like John Cusak said I'd be, in High Fidelity. I bought The Three E.P.s almost immediately following. I've managed to highjack some more and I'm quite pleased with the whole thing. It's a nice mix of new age and electronica and his haunting voice...make it right up mine, ally wise.

I move on Wednesday to Brooklyn. I'm very excited to live with Cassie and Vanessa in a hood I feel more at home in and an apartment that matches my hopes and wishes more than does my current one. I still have to figure out how I'm actually going to get my stuff over there, but I don't have much. Man With Van, per Craigslist is probably the answer.

The are tearing down Snack Dragon. A place where I have eaten many many tacos. I got some still shots of the the steel frame of it. It's sad. I really like that place and Josephine, the owner. It opened the week I moved here and closed the week I'm moving away. I like it because it creates significance.

Sweetest of dreams to all my sweetest people!

4 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger stacey said...

imagine my chagrin when i returned to the castro to dine at my favorite restaurant and found a diesel, pottery barn and a gap have been erected in the place where so many great moments occurred and are now blips on the landscape of my ever diminishing memory. sigh.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Ben said...

To paraphrase Sam Cooke:

"Bring it on home to me, Susie."

Can't wait until you are in Brooklyn.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Maki said...

Though most Beta Band fans rank Heroes To Zeros as a lesser work, I still think it was the single best album I heard in 2004. It's really a damn shame that was their last...

Hope the move goes well!

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger anna-brooklynn-1351 said...

Helloooooooo world!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home