22 May 2006

Manhattanhenge; Grandpa

Manhattanhenge sounds pretty awesome. I hope I don't forget to remember it. Maybe I'll put it in my calendar.

I know why I was thinking about my grandparents so hard last night. My mom called today to tell me she's headed out to California because he's declining quickly. She'll arrive late tonight and I'll have a status update tomorrow morning. Aw, Gramps! I'm gonna miss you, guy!



It's hard to believe that this picture was taken in early March. It's just two and a half months later and it's such a different picture. I wish I could be with my mom right now and with my grandfolks tomorrow. Anyhow, that is Joe and Helen. At the computer. He was, up until recently, a pretty big emailer. He has so many stories and family history in his brain. He shared so much with us. My grandma has started to email a little bit. She's hilarious. She also plays hearts on the computer. I love it!

I think one of the saddest things for me right now is the thought my brother getting the news of my grandfather's death on a research boat in the middle of the ocean. I will be sad not to be able to be there and be with him when he hears of the news. I don't know, maybe he's in the best place TO hear it...

To those of you who I've not had a chance to tell lately: I really appreciate you and likely miss you very much.

Even rainy days are beautiful.

6 Comments:

At 1:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love you, Susie. And I miss you very much.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Amy Lynn said...

Much love Susie, thanks for sharing this with us.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger stacey said...

hang in there. he lived a good life and is surrounded by love. lots of love and hugs.

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lost my grandmother two years ago, and just recently my grandfather. One of the most difficult things I've come to realize is that there are things that happen, after which life is never the same again. At least some of those things are good. Thanks for sharing your thoughts....

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Word em up, Kate.

If by the time we're old(er?) they have double wheelchairs, like there are double strollers, I hope we can go for some rides ;)

I'll write abou tmy grandparent's "choo choo train" next time...Mom, will you send me a picture I can post? They have two wheelchairs, only one is electric. Maybe you can figure out what a "choo choo train" is... ;)

 
At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Double wheelechairs - I love it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home