31 May 2006

Mid Day Moving Update

All is going swimmingly. I slept til 2pm cause Cass and I were up packing til 6am. The only reason we didn't finish is because I was hoping I could pack all my stuff into the luggage I've assembled over the years. No go. So today I was very fortunate in many ways:

1) A LOT of the packing is done
2) My laundry people are doing a fast load of sheets for me so I can have a fresh set tonight (v important in a new environment :) ) I asked them to do it in three hours and they are. That rocks.
3) The place I get my hippie toothpaste, soap and lotion donated 4 of the most hearty boxes to the cause for a whopping $0
4) Had rocking sushi for lunch
5) Adam U is coming to help me move the stuff
6) Nigel, "Man With A Van", is coming at 7:30 to cart all of it/us to Brooklyn for a mere $30 + $15 if he helps. Again, yes-ah

This reinforces two things I know:

1) Ask and you shall receive
2) I depend on the kindness of strangers

All I need to do now is connect with the guy whose room I'm moving in to today. Keys in Brooklyn and I'm set.

WOO! To the boxes!

Two more things that are GREAT:

1) The weather is perfect: crisp but sunny. It won't be too hot moving all this crap!
2) THE BOXES HAVE HANDLES!

4 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger stacey said...

hooray for kind strangers!

 
At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm into that hippie toothpaste. And holy box luck!

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to write a LOT, but my internet at my new place is slow getting started. I can't really spend time at wiz-ork blogging, so to keep you posted: All is amazing. I have to wear ear plugs to sleep because I never considered ambiant (sp?) noise--Havemeyer is a loud loud street. But I LOVE my place. I really like my roommates and everything about my own bathroom is amazing, except the water pressure. More soon-love the internet always and y'all more.
More than anything-I'm so glad to live in Brooklyn and I actually wake up better for work living there. xoxo peace!

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger anna-brooklynn-1351 said...

Helloooooooo world!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home