Mid Day Moving Update
All is going swimmingly. I slept til 2pm cause Cass and I were up packing til 6am. The only reason we didn't finish is because I was hoping I could pack all my stuff into the luggage I've assembled over the years. No go. So today I was very fortunate in many ways:
1) A LOT of the packing is done
2) My laundry people are doing a fast load of sheets for me so I can have a fresh set tonight (v important in a new environment :) ) I asked them to do it in three hours and they are. That rocks.
3) The place I get my hippie toothpaste, soap and lotion donated 4 of the most hearty boxes to the cause for a whopping $0
4) Had rocking sushi for lunch
5) Adam U is coming to help me move the stuff
6) Nigel, "Man With A Van", is coming at 7:30 to cart all of it/us to Brooklyn for a mere $30 + $15 if he helps. Again, yes-ah
This reinforces two things I know:
1) Ask and you shall receive
2) I depend on the kindness of strangers
All I need to do now is connect with the guy whose room I'm moving in to today. Keys in Brooklyn and I'm set.
WOO! To the boxes!
Two more things that are GREAT:
1) The weather is perfect: crisp but sunny. It won't be too hot moving all this crap!
2) THE BOXES HAVE HANDLES!