31 May 2006

You Said It Was Luck?

Every time my dad and I drive through Luck, WI, he exclaims, "We're in Luck!" And on our way out, he undoubtedly remarks, "Opp! We're out of luck!" I laugh, because it's funny-and, as I remember it, it takes about 5 minutes to drive in and out of Luck, which is appropriate for life, etc. He's funny, and, I know that if we're drivin in and out of Luck, I know we are lucky. Otherwise, he wouldn't even joke.

Tonight, I said to Cassie, "I'm so lucky you're here."

She helped me out a LOT packing and getting my, for lack of a better word, shit, together. And I said to her, "If this were any other town any other past year, my mother would be here helping me get my minimal and semi-selective crap together for my Man With A Van tomorrow night at 7:30pm." Nigel. I have a feeling we'll be close by the end of it.

Mom, you're taking care of very important things...I'm thinking of you!


The bottomline is that I am lucky to have people who are interested in taking care of me; and who I contintually look forward to taking care of.

xoxo

sweetest!

4 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger stacey said...

may not get to help take care of you, but always hoping the best for you, suz.

have a great move.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I feel taken care of by all my friends. Not in traditional money, bathing, crying on shoulder taking care of, but laughing, visiting, etc is what I mean by taking care of. Or in Cassie's case last night kicking my ass into packing (an activity which I loathe). So, you all do, in different ways. See what I mean?

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Peggy W said...

I can't believe I'm not there with you...Thank Cassie for being my stand-in. Talk to you SOON.
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Mom

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger anna-brooklynn-1351 said...

Helloooooooo world!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home