03 July 2006

I Got Nothing

I mean, really, there's a lot-my fascination with film production; my interest in emergency relief management; my sudden peak in reading; new crushes; feeling good about my job and like there may be a future in something remotely pertaining to it-and being almost adjusted to f'ing New York Shitty.

So I have a lot. I have a lot of things-physical, mental, emotional and spiritual and it makes me so glad because, with all those things comes a constant reminder that I'm in the most intense experience we all have the privilege of knowing: life. And ours, I presume yours if you're reading this blog (because that is a privileged act unto itself) are yet undefined and malleable. The lives we lead are full of "culture" and "love" and "great things". And it's true, those things do exist in our lives. The thing that's taking me aback at the moment is that Americans can just NOT fully understand the plights of peoples around the world. We life in high-falooting times that don't allow us to extrapolate, in real terms, what the rest of the world is like. And this will bite us in the behind after not-too-long.

And with that, I sign off, to go to work on Independence Day.

Love, as always-
The Hottest Woman in Brooklyn (I don't have AC)

Whew!

9 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger Peggy W said...

Right on, girl. We don't get it. We are privileged just to live in a place that is not a war zone.
Tonight we watched Furnetti's Fireworks in mild, clear weather, loons vocalizing in competition with the howling firework explosions. They must think we are the loons!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger stacey said...

good to have you back. keep the posts coming.

"understanding" other cultures is not patriotic. it's unamerican.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger stacey said...

p.s the url for my blog has changed to www.beingstaceyd.blogspot.com. you might want to change your link.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Robert said...

Too bad those loons couldn't drop a few bombs on the franetti's for good measure.

Why do Americans feel the need to celebrate bombs and war???

Independence is great, but war is not.

REMEDIAL KINDERGARTEN FOR ALL!!!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

it's not the lack of ac that makes you hot, girl!

and no bombs bursting in air for me this july fourth. i did drink beer at a baseball game, though, which is equally patriotic.

i'm with rob. independence, yes. war, no. given that we've created text messaging and video conferencing and pod casting, you'd think we'd have already mastered the basics. but nope, we're not all that skilled at talking to each other, listening, and then actually coming to a peaceful resolution. we have a lot of learning to do.

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Predictably, I won't comment on the war, even though I don't think it's a very good idea. I think it's funny your brother wants loons to bomb the Furnetti's. Am I reading that right?

Matt and I watched fireworks from our apartment window. It was nice. He wondered how you package them to get a specific explosive design. Hmmm...

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Robert said...

Okay, I need to apologize about saying the loons ought to bomb the furnettis. I am frustrated that the loons haven't bred successfully (so far) this summer. And to hear that they were distressed by the firework display doesn't make it any easier.

Just think how cool it would have been if the firework show was called off because the loons were upset. If it disturbs or disrupts the loons - it's not cool.

I also learned that someone (an asshole) removed a sheet of metal which works as a sort of dam, covering a culvert from which the lake drains. When the cover was removed, the water level in the lake dropped rapidly, which is likely the reason for the failed clutch of loon egg(s).

I see more and more people using the lake, and I see the water quality in the lake changing for the worse. It would be nice if people would step up to the plate and do what it will take to lessen their impacts on the environment, so that we can live comfortably knowing that we aren't going to leave the world a giant shit0house for the next generation.

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Rob, we can replace the metal in the dark of night during the family reunion.

I'm in.

People don't care. That's the saddest part of everything. That's why our parents are so fucking cool. They care. And they have vision-making us love wood fired hot tubs, pontoons and loons.

Cheers to not making the planet a giant shithouse--I knew we were brother and sister ;)

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home