12 August 2006

White Peacocks


Peacocks. Why? They're all up in my dreams-which I didn't actually remember until Cassiementioned Gwyther's peacock shirt. Then we were walking in Mannahatta and saw a stuffed white peacock. In a dream that came to me sometime last week (I think...time is blurring) there were two green peacocks and a white one. The white one was a point of some interest, but I don't remember why. I was definitely looking at them from a balcony or some sort of raised platform.

"Peacock
To see a peacock in your dream, represents spring, birth, and new growth. It is a good omen, signaling prestige, much success and contentment with your career. It may also be telling of your confidence and even arrogance over your success."

From Dream Moods


Well...I'm sure looking for a spring, birth and new growth in the old life I'm living here. If I'm content, then the peacocks were a necessary note of that, because I don't think I am. Although, when I try to think of what would make me more content, I can't think of anything. Does that mean something?

Last night I dreamt of driving up to a house that, in the dream, I had the memory of being the site of a dem's post election rally site. Across the way were the republicans celebrating their victory. My mom was there. in the same breath, George Bush was campaigning in a small amphibious clown car. He managed to make it turn back over hood in the water. I laughed. His knees all scrunched up to his chest. What a tool. Only issue was that I was only in underwear and t shirt. I couldn't get out of the car.

Now, that is totally different than the peacock dream, isn't it?

3 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, there's a long comment but I mistakenly put it under the horses instead of here ... I'm new at this, be patient. Anyway, here's another thought: one could think of the white peacock as undressed compared to the usually really color-full peacock. Since this peacock doesn't seem to be you (as does the car), maybe this undressed means something more like exposed to everybody, naked, not hidden, open ... like putting a dream on a blog. Love you!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Anon said...

Hey, Susie! Michelle "You Can't Make It Up" Collins saw peacocks at a Gothic Cathedral with her mum about three weeks ago. It's on her blog: "We saw two peacocks while perusing the premises. One was a beautiful blue male; the other, a startling albino peacock! We were having a time looking at them, until some little bastard children ran up to the albino and scared it away. Following my mother disciplining the little rats as though they were her own, we followed the bird down a little pathway, cooing and complimenting it as though it were our own."

Something is definitely going on here. One thing I cannot figure out is why they are called peacocks? I hate peas!

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Firstly, Andrew, I love peas. So watch who you're talking to here, all right?

Secondly-maybe that's how they got in my brain?! I love her site (as you know) and her, too, as you may not know. She's hilarious-er in person even. Well, I don't know about the "er", both are pretty great.

Nice connection, though, dude.

I wast thinking the albino might be a sign of my forth coming albinoness... We shall see. We shall see. I like Susan's analysis, too, of course. The dream queen. Sus-you could start a blog!

xoxo to all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home